Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Double Chocolate Rolo Cookies

When I rated this recipe in my cookbook, I rated it a 1000 out of 10. My husband thought I was the most amazing woman on earth.  They are simply delicious and because they're tiny little cookies, you eat way too many!!

And in case you care, I'm sure you all do, I am due today. Yep, today. I need a plate of these right now. They induce labor, right? I'm sure they do...

  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 75 Rolo chocolates
  1. Mix the flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter. Add the vanilla and eggs and combine well.
  3. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and combine well. Chill cookie dough for 1 hour.
  4. Shape dough in small (about 1 1/2 tsp) around a Rolo. Make sure the Rolo is completely covered.
  5. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, and chill again for 1 hour more.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes, then cool on wire rack.

You will LOVE these!!!
Cathy

Source: Canadian Bible Society Celebration Cookbook, Wilma King and Gwen Louiselle

2 comments:

  1. these look amazing!! congratulations and good luck with your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! And yes, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete